Cardiff University | Prifysgol Caerdydd ORCA
Online Research @ Cardiff 
WelshClear Cookie - decide language by browser settings

Patterns of contraceptive pill taking in an inner city practice

Finlay, Ilora Gillian and Scott, M. 1986. Patterns of contraceptive pill taking in an inner city practice. British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition) 293 (6547) , pp. 601-602. 10.1136/bmj.293.6547.601

Full text not available from this repository.


A total of 161 patients completed a questionnaire about their pattern of taking the oral contraceptive pill. Only 28% (45) of patients were taking the pill according to the manufacturer's instructions, and in the event of the pill being missed only 26% of patients would use a sheath. A tenth of the patients believed that amenorrhoea always indicated pregnancy, but 35% believed that amenorrhoea was harmful to the body. This group did not differ in their pill taking from the remaining 65% of patients.

Item Type: Article
Date Type: Publication
Status: Published
Schools: Medicine
Subjects: R Medicine > R Medicine (General)
R Medicine > RZ Other systems of medicine
Publisher: BMJ Publishing Group
ISSN: 0267-0623
Last Modified: 04 Jun 2017 07:48

Citation Data

Cited 22 times in Scopus. View in Scopus. Powered By Scopus® Data

Actions (repository staff only)

Edit Item Edit Item